If it’s your first time commenting, your comment will not show up immediately because I have to approve it. I will try to address it as soon as I see it, but I’m one person with a full-time job, so I may not see it right away.
I am not the government; not letting you say whatever the hell you want on my website is not a violation of your freeze peach. I am a tired queer Jewish woman and I am completely OK with not allowing some types of bullshit on my website. (Plenty of other types of bullshit are allowed and even encouraged.)
The commenting policy can best be summed up as “don’t be a dick”. To be more specific:
- No Nazis. One would think this went without saying, but we live in hell now so apparently not.
- Anonymous comments are fine, though I encourage you to use a consistent pseudonym just to make conversations easier and to make sure you get credit for the brilliant things you say.
- Swearing is fine so long as it’s not directed at other people in the comments.
- Don’t pick on people for grammar/spelling mistakes. Yes, there are a couple of common mistakes that annoy the heck out of me, too, but if you understood what they were saying, their words did their job just fine.
- As a rule of thumb, if you use “SJW” as an insult, you probably fit this site’s definition of “a dick”.