We’re back! And I don’t know about y’all, but I’ve missed you, and Station On Fire Trash Can, a great deal. Things are still fairly busy for me on a personal front, both with ongoing stuff at my current job, and because, depending on how a job interview this week goes I may be moving 700 miles away later this month, so I’m tentatively going with one post a week for most of the month, but may bump it back up to two later.
- March 4: “Prophet Motive”
- March 11: “Visionary”
- March 18: “Distant Voices”
- March 25: “Through the Looking Glass”
- March 31: “Improbable Cause”
February is looking to be more than the usual amount of hectic for me at work, so I’m currently planning to take the month — or at least part of it — off. (I’m told that it’s generally considered “inappropriate” to spend a lot of time at your “actual job” writing blog posts? Sounds fake, but OK.) See you in a few weeks!
Happy new year! Let us observe it with a nearly-thirty-year-old TV show, eh?
- January 2: “The Abandoned”
- January 7: “Civil Defense”
- January 9: “Meridian”
- January 14: “Defiant”
- January 16: “Fascination”
- January 21: “Past Tense, Part 1”
- January 23: “Past Tense, Part 2”
- January 28: “Life Support”
- January 30: “Heart of Stone”
So, thus far, the two-episodes-a-week thing seems to be going OK! If anyone has strong feelings about why one a week was better, feel free to chime in, but for the moment, I’m gonna keep up with it.
- September 3: “Dramatis Personae”
- September 5: “Duet”
- September 10: “In the Hands of the Prophets” (y’all, we’re almost done with the first season, this is blowing my mind)
- September 12: “Homecoming”
- September 17: “The Circle”
- September 19: “The Siege”
- September 24: “Invasive Procedures”
- September 26: “Cardassians”
As noted, I’m gonna try a thing where I do two episodes a week! Let’s see if it works. With that in mind, here is the planned August schedule:
- August 6: “Move Along Home”
- August 8: “The Nagus”
- August 13: “Vortex”
- August 15: “Battle Lines”
- August 20: “The Storyteller”
- August 22: “Progress”
- August 27: “If Wishes Were Horses”
- August 29: “The Forsaken”
I was at SDCC this past weekend! It was extremely fun, and Picard looks like it will be very much my shit. Alex Kurtzman dodged my question about the Real Unfortunate Implications of an aspect of Discovery‘s S2 finale and answered something else entirely, but I’m hoping maybe the writers will take the question, and the surprisingly positive crowd reaction to it, to heart? Fingers crossed.
(I figured if there was any reaction it would be for me to get booed as a Joyless PC Buzzkill, but people cheered! A lot of them, not just my mom and the friends I was with! And a few people literally stopped me on my way out after the panel to thank me for it!)
Alas, the internet at the place we were staying was absolutely terrible, so I was unable to watch this week’s episode during any of my downtime. Add to this that, rather than give myself my traditional Recovery Tuesday after arriving back home Monday night, I went back to work this morning, and you have a recipe for “uh somehow it’s Tuesday morning and I don’t have my post ready to go yet???” What even is causality, y’all?
Anyway! I anticipate being able to get this week’s post, “Dax”, up Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how tired the Con Crud + lack of sleep the past couple nights leaves me. Thank you for your understanding during this annoying time.
I have pre-written this post on the assumption that this entire endeavor will not have petered out by July. Is this hubris? Possibly. Nonetheless, here is the July schedule!
- July 2: “Babel”
- July 9: “Captive Pursuit”
- July 16: “Q-Less”
- July 23: “Dax”
- July 30: “The Passenger”